Wednesday, August 4, 2010

4th of July Weekend

For the 4th of July weekend Phil, Sophia and I went down to my parents house in St. Marys to visit them. We had a great weekend visiting with them and it was nice being in my hometown as well. I don't know why but I really want Sophia to like St. Marys as much as I do. I really love the downtown area with all the historical houses and moss covered trees. It is also where Phil and I were married and really represents coastal Georgia well to me.

While we were there we took Sophia to the annual 4th of July parade. I think she had a lot of fun and was definitely on a sugar high with all the candy she caught. Also while we were there my mom opened her store The Owl's Nest so check it out if you are in the downtown St. Marys area it is really cute oh and she is also on facebook. :)


Sophia humouring me while she waits on more flying candy and beads.

The child LOVES popcorn!

While we were visiting my family we decided to take Sophia to Jekyll Island. Sophia loves the beach just about as much as she loves popcorn. She is all about jumping in the waves and playing in the sand I think she would have stayed out there until the sun went down. Ever since going she has been having "Beach Parties" at our house. :)

These are big waves for Jekyll and she thought they were great!



This makes me laugh everytime...Sophia trying to stop the waves.





We passed this sign when we were leaving and I laughed so hard I made Phil take a picture. :)

No comments: