Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sick Again!

Well I haven't blogged for awhile so I thought I better update everyone on what the ball family has been up to. My grandfather passed away about two weeks ago so on the day of the funeral Phil kept Sophia for me at home and had quality father/daughter time. While I drove down to Ashburn, GA to attend the funeral. It was a very nice service and it was good to get to see my mom, dad, sister and brother-in-law again. My grandmother has alzheimer's so my mom is in the process of finding a good nursing home for her.
On a happier note a lot of my friends had this past week off of work because of spring break so Sophia and I got to visit with them some. I took Sophia over to Emorie's house on Tuesday to play with Isabella. It was nice getting to catch up with Emorie and her mom was in town also so it was good to get to see Mrs. Casey. We had a great time and Mrs. Casey made a delicious lunch of hamburgers and french fries yum! Sophia had fun playing with Isabella and by the time we were leaving Isabella was refering to Sophia as MY Sophia. :) On Wed. I went with Emorie, Isabella, Mrs. Casey, Deana and Cameron to Jumping Jelly Beans. We had so much fun it took Sophia a little while to warm up to it. She cried the first few time we crawled into one of the jump play areas but by the end she was wanting to get in. I took her down this really tall slide twice she never cried going down but I could feel her clutching onto me. :) I think Phil and I should have a date night there it was really a lot of fun. Later this week my neighbor's daughter came into town from Indiana so Sophia and I went over to there house to play with her little girl Sadie. Sophia got to play with sidewalk chalk for the first time and loved it. I just went out and got her some of her own.
After all that fun we had to end the week with Sophia getting sick AGAIN!! She felt a little warm Friday night but it was so hot that day that I thought she was warm from being outside. We went to dinner that night with Robert and Carly and she was a little fussy but nothing to unusual. :) Saturday morning she woke up and she definately had a fever 102.4! Yet again it is a weekend really what is it with getting sick on weekends and holidays? We didn't take her to the ER this time we went to a place called ChildTime. My pediatrician recommend them for after hour visits and after going there I highly recommend them!!! We were seen really quick the doctor there that day checked her ears (no ear infection yay!) then we checked her throat and took a swab. He thought it was a virus infection but wanted to test for strep just in case. Then he checked her white blood count. Turns out it is a virus (she has a throat infection) so there isn't anything we can give her but they were really thorough.
Anyway that is a little of what we have been doing. We should have some more pics and exciting news coming soon. Phil is going to Australia and I am going down to St. Marys to visit my family. We hope you are all doing well!!

No comments: