Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sophia's Birthday Party!!

I'm sorry this post has taken so long but I lost my camera this week and couldn't find it. Of course it had the camera card in it from the birthday party. I finally found it on the floor between the desk and filing drawer. This post is about Sophia's birthday party though so here are a few details and memorable moments. :)

I should really call this the party that almost didn't happen! Earlier in the week I noticed Sophia had a really runny nose but didn't think much of it. I thought she was probably getting another tooth or had some allergies. By the end of the week though she had a full blown cold. We ended up taking her to the doctor Friday morning and they said that it was basically a cold and that her left ear looked a little infected so they gave her some cough syrup (She can have this now that she is two! YAY!) and some amoxycillan which should take care of the ear infection. After her nap on Friday she seemed worse and was having trouble breathing. She seemed to be gasping for air. Phil and I put her humidifier in her room and prayed for the best that night. On top of all this Jennifer the lady I had coming as "entertainment" was also sick! We didn't know if we should cancel the party or not. My parents were coming to visit from out of town and it is a pretty long drive. I also didn't want to infect any other kiddos. By Saturday morning she seemed to be doing a bit better but we just took it easy and she ended up getting another bath which seemed to help with the breathing because of the steam. I ended up telling my parents not to come because we were still thinking about cancelling. The tipping point was when I called Kroger the local grocery to ask them if they had already started the party platters I had ordered. They said they had already finished two soooo we decided to have the party based on that fact. :)

It ended up being a lot of fun! I had Jennifer Stuart come she does a program called Tiny Tunes Music Time. Sophia goes to her classes on Friday mornings. They play instruments and dance around and she really loves it. Everyone came but one boy who was suffering with some sickness himself. The kiddos had fun dancing and playing. I think Tricia and Sophia started a game of chase because at one point I saw kids running through the living room and through the kitchen. :) At one point Cleveland, our dog, got released from the bedroom he was trapped in and the kids went wild. They chased him for a bit but were overall very good with him. I didn't see anyone try to pull his tail once. :) After Jennifer left the kids had cake and ice cream and played some more. Sophia didn't end up opening gifts until most people had left. Everyone was having a good time talking and the kids were playing that I hated to interrupt. Anyway Sophia hasn't really learned what a present is anyway. She opens one and then walks away. :) It was kind of funny she started opening presents and was doing a good job until she got to my friend Megan's present. Megan's present had a Mickey Mouse, a coloring book and some crayons....if you know Sophia you know she LOVES crayons!! She took off with them and the coloring book and I didn't see her again for awhile. Sophia and another girl named Lorilei stood next to the coffee table and colored together. It was really sweet but they kept shoving poor Alex Lorilei's brother out of the way. It turned out to be a really fun day!

Favor bags I made for the kids. They contain: A coloring book, crayons and some teddy grahams. Phil did the labels for me. :)


Sophia's Winnie-The-Pooh birthday cake. I thought they did a really good job with it and it tasted really good as well.


A Winnie-The-Pooh banner I bought and some pics of Sophia from this past year.

Jenny catching bubbles with the kids. I think this was the highlight for the kids. The parents were really impressed too! The bubbles didn't pop as easily as regular bubbles so they lasted longer and you could catch them on your fingers.

Check out the size of that piece of cake her daddy gave her! Talk about sugar high! :) Just so you know she didn't eat all of that probably not even half. Phil and I finished it up for her. :)


No comments: