Saturday, January 15, 2011

Ice Day..That Turned Into a Week 2011!

For those of you who haven't heard we had a pretty bad ice storm here in Atlanta.  Schools were closed all week!  I must admit I thought Sophia and I were going to go bonkers by the end of the week but we didn't and it didn't hurt that we were able to get down our driveway by Wednesday afternoon.  Even if it was to just go to the grocery store.  Here are a few pictures from this past week.  In addition to all of these activities we did a whole lot of computer and TV time!
This is the first day..you can tell by the smiles. 


We no longer have our sleds from when we lived in Indiana so we improvised!  She loved it! Oh and Phil didn't fall thank heavens.



This was actually an improvement.

Ribs for dinner one night.  Found a recipe very easy put ribs in crock pot cover with BBQ sauce let cook for about 8 hours. Very tasty!


I thought this was sweet of Sophia and Cleveland next to the fire.  Please forgive the mess you would think the house would be spotless being trapped inside...cleaning didn't happen.


Phil and Sophia got matching Star Wars aprons for Christmas. She hasn't a clue who any of characters are.  Phil is determined to teach her. :)




Made cookies on day 4.  Here is the recipe if you are interested Play Doh Cookies.  She had a lot of fun making these.  Very good lesson in mixing colors such as red and blue make purple.  She mixed alot when I wasn't looking.  We got two greens, one purple, and one brown.  I threw the brown away. :)

We had a lot of fun together this week.  I'm trying to cherish this time at home with Sophia because I know it is to quickly coming to an end.  I will admit though I'm ready to get back into our routine.  I hope you were all safe this week!

post signature

No comments: