Wednesday, June 18, 2008

18 Months

I can't believe it but Sophia is 18 months old today! Where has the time gone. Things are so different from this time last year. She was my cute little baby and I was amazed everyday at the things she could do. I mostly just longed for her to smile and jabber at me. :) Now she is my cute little girl and I'm still amazed everyday at the things she can do...I don't guess that much has really changed. I'm going to take this opportunity to write down some of the things she is doing now. I was trying to keeping track of all of this in a journal but I found that my hand cramps up and I don't write everything that I want to. :)

*Sophia is now an expert climber she climbs on the couch, chairs, window sill, stairs, table, and scariest of all the outside of the stairs. I have to keep my eyes on her or she will get up at least three before I catch her. It gives me a heart attack every time and she just smiles at me.
*She says several words now. I'll list a few because the pediatrician asked me if she could say at least ten and I said yes without even thinking so here ya go:
ball, dog, duck, yes, no, bye, wow, bubble, cheese, chicken, shoes, juice, giraffe, book, bible, daddy, balloon...okay I've gone blank now.
*I'm amazed at how much she understands. She may not know how to say the words but she definitely knows what you are talking about. I can ask her to go get something and she will go get it or if she wants a drink and she will go to the refrigerator. She will ask to watch donald duck by pointing to the TV and saying duck.
*She still loves her blankie. I gave her a blankie to sleep with when she was around 5 months old and it was special because it was my blankie when I was little. She still has to have it for her naps and bedtime. In fact she had a little break down today at nap time because her blankie fell out of the crib and she couldn't get to it. I went to check on her and she had real tears because she wanted that blankie. kinda sad but cute at the same time. :)
*She runs very fast now especially when I want to change her diaper.
*She has started playing pretend with different objects. She will push cars around and make a car noise. I've also caught her pushing her grapes around on her tray and making that same noise I guess they were suppose to be chasing each other. :)
*We play chase now mainly me chasing her.
*She still wont eat many vegetables but LOVES black olives.
*She loves music and loves to dance.
* We have started time out for her when she gets in trouble. She would just laugh at me when I would pop her hand and it seemed backwards to pop her and then tell her not to hit. Anywho I guess I wag my finger at her when I'm getting on to her because she started copying me the other day and it took everything I had not to laugh. :)

I think that is it for now she really is just amazing! She is such a joy and I couldn't picture my life without her. I'm little sad though because it is going by so fast it seems just like yesterday we were having her first birthday party and now it is June already. I'm excited to see what the second half of this year has to hold. :)

Sophia today 6/18/08 18 months old. Holding her beloved blankie.

Sophia making a funny face but still cute.

She had just knocked her head on something. I think she is saying uh oh or maybe just oh. :) Check out her sticker she got it for being very good at her Dr's appointment. She got two shots by the way and was a real trooper. She still screamed bye to everyone as we left. :)

Picture of Phil and Sophia on Father's Day. Guess I should have moved so they weren't both staring straight into the sun. :) Sophia made Phil and drawing for Father's Day and we both made him a cake. It was a really nice day.

Okay I can't get Sophia to eat veggies so I asked my friend April what she does. One of her suggestions was to leave the corn on the cob instead of cutting it off. Well it worked Sophia wont eat corn off the cob but she certainly loves it on. This is her chowing down...we have it at least 2 to 3 times a week now. :)

No comments: