Thursday, February 17, 2011

Valentine's Weekend Pictures

We don't really have a lot going on right now.  Sophia is still taking ballet and will begin soccer on Friday.  She is really excited!  I think she is mostly excited that she got to get a pink ball.

Since the lack in blogging material at the moment I thought I would share a few pictures from this past weekend.  We had a lot of Valentine's Day parties this year!  Saturday there was a Marriage Banquet at our church.  The youth group provided babysitting and kept the kids downstairs.  It was a late night for Sophia.  She didn't get to bed until 10 ish and add to that a cupcake at 9 and she had been playing hard all evening.  It was a little difficult to get her to settle down.

I want to mention as well Phil took pictures at the Marriage Banquet of all the couples.  If you are interested in seeing them please click on the Phil Ball Photography link over there -------->
He did a wonderful job!  We really had a great time that night and it was really relaxing.

The next night at church after evening service they had the Jesus Lamb's party.  She had a lot of fun and yet again lots of sugar!  The kids decorated their boxes, ate pizza, delivered their valentines to each other and then played...mostly chase.

Sophia then had her school Valentine's Day party on Monday.  She was super excited about this party as were most of the kids I think!  They delivered their valentines to each other earlier in the day.  So when the parents got there they just ate their snack, did a craft, and Mrs. Meideros did an abbreviated circle time with them.  It was really cool getting to see what they do during that time.  I didn't realize Sophia was learning about the presidents and who is on each of the coins and paper money. 

So that was our Valentine's this year.  It was a lot of fun but I must admit I threw out a lot of the candy Sophia received.  She was wonderful and well behaved Monday morning but after her nap she turned into an emotional train wreck.  I'm blaming the candy! :) 


Sophia's Valentine's Day dress!
She really loved that it twirled...and showed everyone.


My Queen Hearts.  This was at her school party.
She has turned into a little poser. :)

School Party again.  Sophia and her friend Abby. 
She told me Abby is a rockstar!

I didn't get many pictures at the Jesus Lamb's party.
Here are a couple though.
She had been playing chase for a while by the time I took this picture.
Can you tell how red she is?  She gets that from me.
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and Valentine's Day!
post signature

No comments: