Saturday, November 29, 2008

GA Nanny's Birthday!!

Phil, Sophia and I surprised my mom for her birthday this year. We drove down to St. Marys on the 13th and stayed with my sister Lisa. We were going to surprise my mom the next day when we took her to lunch for her birthday. When we got there the first night we couldn't wait to surprise her so Lisa called and asked if she wanted to come over and go out to dinner with her and her family. Phil, Sophia and I hid in the kitchen when she got there and then walked out. I think we really surprised her because she looked a little stunned. :) It was fun surprising her and we had a nice time while we were down there. We took my mom to a restaurant that is in downtown St. Marys. It is called Marianne's but a lot of locals know it as Sterling's Southern Cafe. Here is the link if you want to check it out: www.SterlingsSouthernCafe.com
The food was sooo good! I had the crab cakes with a side salad and sweet tea. The desserts are absolutely to die for and if you love chocolate like I do they have a chocolate cake with chocolate icing with some extra chocolate shoved in the middle for good measure. :) My mom had the coconut cake and Lisa had the carrot cake. I need to stop writing about food because I'm making myself hungry. :)
After we ate we did some window shopping downtown and a little bit of actual shopping. We all had a good time and enjoyed getting to see everyone. It is really fun to watch Sophia and Josh play now. They ran around the house playing chase the majority of the time we were there. Sophia also loved getting to play with all of Josh's cars. :)
Here are a few pictures from that weekend. I love you mom I hope you had a nice birthday!!


Sophia with her cousins. L to R Harrison (8), Josh (3), Sophia (2), and Hudson (12).

Swinging and playing with daddy at Aunt Lisa and Uncle Jay's house.


Feeding the Ducks. She was a little scared of them at first but then warmed up to them. They would get really close. :)

She had to try out her cousin Josh's spiderman quad. :)

No comments: