Friday, January 8, 2010

Mastering a Glue Gun

Thursday I went with my friend Michelle to my very first Mother's of Preschoolers (MOPS) meeting. It was so much fun and all of the ladies there were very nice. I even knew some of them already and didn't realize that they were a member. One of the ladies I knew there I seem to run into at random events and we actually met at the Memorial Day Festival in Senoia she was selling Stampin Up supplies. Crazy how small our world is!

The meeting was great! They have a fabulous breakfast, short devotional, a guest speaker, and then they either do a craft or break up into discussion groups. This meeting they happened to be doing a craft. It was so cute and so easy I just had to share!

These are little magnets! All you do is get some of these clear stones that are flat on the back. Get some scrapbook paper or even a picture of someone you love. Cut out the paper to fit the back of the stone. Get your glue gun out...which I had never used until this project. Put a good nickel size glop (is that a word?) of glue on the back. Be liberal with the glue. Stick the piece of paper or picture on the back and rub it around until you have the glue pretty well smoothed out. Some of mine you can tell I didn't rub around enough. You have to do this last part quick because the glue dries really fast.

What do you think pretty stinkin cute I thought! I can see family members getting these with pictures of Sophia on the back. :)

Once you have the paper on put a little dab of glue on the back of the paper and attach a magnet. My engineer husband thought we should have used bigger magnets. I think they are just fine but probably wont hold much.

So I manged NOT to burn myself so I thought I was doing pretty good for my first time with a glue gun until I managed to glue my finger to the paper doh! I hope you are all staying warm...I'm really ready for spring to show her pretty head! :)

No comments: