Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A New Bible Study

I have recently started a new bible study with some ladies from my church. We are doing A Woman's Heart. This is a study done by Beth Moore. I absolutely LOVE Beth Moore's stuff...she speaks on my level and I also walk away learning something new from her. We have only done the introduction to this study so far but it seems like it is going to be very interesting and exciting. In the introduction she spoke about how God wanted to have dwelling place among the Israelites and so he had them build the tabernacle. So we through this study are going to be building the tabernacle wall by wall.

Day 2 of Week One really spoke to me. I'm not really sure why but it was what I needed. Mostly it talked about how we are God's treasure and he not only loves us but he also likes us. It also talks about how you need to decided daily who you are going to serve sin and self or God. This verse from Joshua was very powerful for me:
But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the river, or the gods of Amorites, in whose lands you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.

For some reason I guess I have never read this whole verse before. But it struck me hard with how convicted he was...like you can choose what you want to do but this is me and my family and we are serving the Lord.

I would definitely recommend this bible study just on the three days I've been working on it!


This is a bible study of Beth Moore's that I did several years ago with a very special group of ladies. It is funny how the Lord gives you something right when you need it and I definitely needed this. Whenever I see this bible study on my bookshelf it reminds me of a very special time in my life. I had/have a great group of friends and we called ourselves the young marrieds without children. Most of us were wanting children at that time and were in some form or another trying, getting ready to try or newly pregnant. This study was just so special because you study a lot about the old testament patriarchs especially Abraham and his wife Sarah who as we know didn't have a child until she was much older. It dealt with a lot of issues that we ourselves were going through at that time. So I can highly recommend this study as well!

No comments: