Monday, March 3, 2008

Visited and Visiting

Sophia and I had a very nice Monday! The weather was just beautiful so we were definately outside today. This morning started out as usual though and I was getting Sophia ready to go to Home Depot to get some sand for her sand and water table that we got her for Christmas when my friend Emorie called and told me she wanted to meet me at my house for lunch. I was so glad she was coming over because with little ones we don't get to see each other as much anymore. We had a really nice visit and caught up on a lot of what was going on in each others lives. While Emorie was here Sophia was down for a nap and slept another 15 minutes after she left. So her total was probably an hour and 45 minutes which is really really good for Sophia.

When she woke up I had planned on going out to Home Depot to get the sand I needed but then another friend Courtney called and asked if Sophia and I would like to meet her and Mariah at the park. That sounded a whole lot more fun than buying sand so off we went oh well after a mac and cheese lunch. I had such a good time and I hope Courtney did too! Sophia ran around the park awhile while Courtney pushed Mariah in the swing. It is so funny to see kids around the age of 18 months to 3 years interact with each other. Each one is calling the other a baby. :) I mention this because there was a little girl about the age of 2 at the park that was very interested in meeting Mariah and Sophia. She was very cute and would run up to them and say hi! After the girls got done playing Courtney and I decided to go for a walk into town. As we were walking though Mariah fell asleep. She is a bit like Sophia in that you can't move her from one place to another without waking her up. So we decided to keep walking until she woke up on her own. Well we walked and walked and walked...we were out in Senoia for about 2 hours I think Mariah slept for at least an hour of that. Courtney said that was really good because she usually only sleeps for about 30 minutes. That little girl wore us out though my feet were hurting and Courtney's calves were burning. We finally decided to sit down and then Mariah woke up because the stroller stopped. :) We had a really good time though and got to talk a lot. Sophia loves being outside so she was enjoying the ride and any critter that passed by.

Well that was our day. My little one is asleep now and I'm getting ready to eat dinner. I hope you all have a nice evening. Oh I never did get my sand if you are wondering...maybe tomorrow.

No comments: